| 0 Items|
| Total: $0.00|
ENVIRONMENTAL AND OTHER COOL LINKS
following are cool sites, some offer information on environmental issues. Tell them Treecycle sent you.
We welcome links to our site - please link only to either this page or our homepage, as the addresses of other pages may change without notice. We are open to reciprocal links.
ABOUT RECYCLED PAPER
A brief overview of some recycled paper concerns.
When You Buy Recycled Paper You Are Helping To...
Paper accounts for 40% of all municipal waste
Recycled paper means less trash, lower taxes & other disposal costs
60-70% energy savings over virgin pulp
The paper industry is the 3rd largest user of energy in the U.S.
Protect Natural resources
The U.S. uses 100 million tons of paper a year & use is increasing
Recycled paper uses 55% less water & helps preserve our forests
Recycling of waste paper creates more jobs
The paper industry is one of the largest water polluters in the world
Recycled paper reduces water pollution by 35%, reduces air pollution by 74%, and eliminates many toxic pollutants
- Salt Creek Retreat Oregon Wine Country Vacation Home Rental
- 2006 Built Modern Eco-Friendly Wine Country Retreat .62 Acres on Salt Creek Amity, Oregon
- Oregon Wine Country .62 acres creek
- 2006 Built Modern Eco-Friendly Wine Country Retreat, 3 bedroom 2.5 bath, on Salt Creek Amity, Oregon
- Cozy Conifer Cabin
- Log Home on 10 Acres 25 minutes from Missoula. Five seasonal creeks and borders Montana State Forest
- Missoula Montana Log Cabin 10 acres
- Log Home, 3 bedroom 1 bath, 25 minutes from Missoula. Five seasonal creeks and borders Montana State Forest
- Sustainability Store
- Directory of socially and environmentally responsible products
- Altoona Ridge Lodge
- Welcome Solitude Seekers, Maxville Montana
- Kittysafe Network
- For Mews, News, Reviews, Poetry, Music and Ideas. "The stillness of the pond requires no reflection. It is the reflection that requires the stillness of the pond."
- Kalon Baughan Wildlife Painter
- Originals, prints & posters, art book, figures, photographs
- Using Post-consumer
- Why it is important to use paper with a high post-consumer content. Includes an explanation of recycled paper terms.
- Reducing Harmful Bleaching
- The chlorine issue and recycled paper, including a glossary of bleaching buzzwords: totally chlorine free, process chlorine free, etc.
- Alternative Fibers
- The use of intentional alternative fibers like hemp and kenaf to make paper initially seems like a good idea, but...
Rick Meis, formerly of Treecycle, has written these informative reports on recycled paper:
These reports are copyrighted, and are the property of Treecycle; please contact us first if you wish to reprint them.
Our Action Issues pages discuss some issues that could use your help. Although we try to concentrate on specific happenings with pulp and paper issues, we will also include one or two environmental issues of importance in the Northern Rockies Ecoregion.